Things I have learnt this week:
- If I am going to successfully run my new little business then I have to spend more time working and less time socialising. Seeing friends in the week is such a novelty though!
- Dads do not appreciate candle-light during the day ("It's like night-time in here, can we put a light on or something?").
- I have an obsession with rosehips, snowberries and winter foliage. And glass box candle holders to put them in.
- Dads do not appreciate dried hydrangeas ("it's a bunch of dead flowers!" said with bemusement).
- Americans know a thing or two about baking. Martha's pecan squares were amazing! A hit with everyone.
- Dads are brilliant for popping over and helping with woodwork projects (display boards for my fair stands) and curtain hanging (new red gingham curtains are up and looking gorgeous) requiring no thanks except endless cups of tea and a roast beef dinner.
I am planning a busy week starting with my first two supplier orders arriving tomorrow. I'm so psyched for their arrival that I'm practically bouncing around on my toes at the door, like a tennis player. Really excited to get everything and list on the website - just hoping everything goes smoothly. Oh, and if you liked the rustic wire lantern in my last post you'll be pleased to hear that my first lot are landing here next Friday and I'll be shipping them straight out the door. So many people have already emailed me and there's a bit of a waiting list. Drop me an email if you're interested too, they are gorgeous and perfect year-round. (£31 plus £3.50 p&p). I love mine.
Thanks for all of the lovely, supportive comments so far and, especially thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I really appreciate you popping over and will reply to all comments and questions you might like to leave.
Have a great week!